“What are you doing?”
This seems to be the first question everyone asks when they see me, so I’m posting the ministries I am currently involved with…
1) I’m working with my friends David Platt and Mark Beuving in developing a discipleship tool that will help equip believers to make disciples. I am very excited about this, as I believe the greatest need in the American church is for allwho call themselves “Christian” to be out baptizing and making disciples.
2) I’m helping my friend Chris Huang develop a conference on August 26-27. Much of the conference involves walking around San Francisco and actually doing ministry rather than just talking about it. You can find out more about it atwww.cityimpactconference.com
3) I’m helping my brother Paul launch a new service that ministers to people who attend English services in Chinese churches. By combining worship services, it frees up the pastors to focus on discipleship throughout the week. We had our first service last Sunday and it was a great time.
4) I’m involved with my friend Brad Buser in establishing a new school that will train people to reach unreached people groups. We’re hoping to launch in about a year. The Lord has increased my burden for reaching those who have never heard the gospel.
5) I’m working with my friend Dave Lomas in figuring out how to implement discipleship at his church in SF. I’ll be team teaching and helping develop leadership this fall in hopes of launching a discipleship movement.
6) I’m teaching a preaching class for inner city ministers. We recently had our first class, and I was pretty blown away by their testimonies. I believe God is going to do significant things through these individuals.
7) Lisa and I decided to write a book over a year ago, but we haven’t gotten very far. Now that our baby is sleeping through the night, we should have some more time to write.
8) I have been spending a lot of time meeting pastors in the area and trying to support them in any way. I have met a lot of great leaders. I’ve learned a lot from them and hopefully I have been of help to some of them.
I still travel and speak almost every week. I tried to cut back significantly, but the calendar gets full somehow. No complaints though. I am enjoying ministry a lot. I love the new friends we have made in San Francisco. It’s beginning to feel like family, but we miss our friends at Cornerstone a ton. I still go back to preach there every 6-8 weeks or so.
Most importantly, I have really been enjoying my time alone with God. I readDesiring God by John Piper again last week. It still tops my list of books everyone needs to read. Besides the Bible, no other book has had as much impact on my life.