Kony 2012 Sequel Released By Invisible Children (VIDEO)

 

 

Invisible Children, the organization behind the viral smash hit “Kony 2012” video, released the sequel on Thursday.

Like the original, half-hour documentary, this 20-minute film titled, Kony 2012 PART II: BEYOND FAMOUS,” attacks Joseph Kony, the Ugandan warlord featured in the first video. The new video also addresses critics who charged the first mini-documentary oversimplifies facts about the more than two-decade old Central African conflict.

The video does not address Jason Russell’s hospitalization. The 33-year-old filmmaker behind the original film sought treatment in March several weeks after the first video’s release.

Russell’s wife said that he had suffered a “brief psychosis” following the unprecedented attention garnered from the first film, which attracted more 86 million views on YouTube.

“Doctors say this is a common experience given the great mental, emotional and physical shock his body has gone through in these last two weeks,” Danica Russell said in a statement last month. “Even for us, it’s hard to understand the sudden transition from relative anonymity to worldwide attention—both raves and ridicules, in a matter of days.”

Russell, who is still undergoing treatment, isn’t featured in the sequel.

The new film was released, in part, to promote an April 20 rally in New York.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: